For some families in the United States and worldwide, the kitchen is arguably the most essential room in your home. Your kitchen requires more lighting than any room or venue in your home. The kitchen is also the main access point for food consumption and preparation. Regardless of its size, no home is complete without a kitchen.
Kitchens are indispensable within a home and have grown in size throughout time. Many years ago, the kitchen often served as a utility room within a home. Fast forward to 2022, the square feet of modernized kitchens have increased in size. Many kitchens throughout the country have enough space for an eat-in area. A lot of people now also use their kitchens as an area to congregate and socialize.
Proper lighting is the perfect way to warm up your kitchen. Adequate lighting makes accomplishing tasks such as cooking and cleaning more manageable and enjoyable. Before assessing your options for your kitchen, you should first evaluate how much natural light your kitchen receives. From there, you can fill in the gaps with your choice of lighting. Here are our five best suggestions you can use to upgrade your kitchen lighting.
Ambiance For Your Kitchen Lights
- Ambient lighting works best by illuminating your kitchen’s specific area(s).
- This lighting sets the tone for your kitchen and is also effective at setting the mood.
- Ambient lighting also invokes some emotion.
Task Lighting is Also a Practical Solution
- This offering is best for those that are active in their kitchens and prepare meals daily.
- This lighting lets users see all of the details and intricacies of their kitchen. It is also multifaceted as it complements the backsplash in your kitchen.
- If you want to implement task lighting in your kitchen, LED options are widely popular among consumers.
- They are energy-efficient, which is always suitable for your home.
Pendant Lighting in Your Kitchen
- Pendant lighting often focuses on a specific area or object, like task lighting.
- Installation is critical because pendants should hang at a reasonable length that doesn’t obstruct views around your kitchen.
- Pendant lights are also a more affordable option.
- They can also help create more space in your kitchen.
Try Decorative Lighting For Your Kitchen
- This lighting is popular among users with an artistic side.
- The pretty look of decorative lighting will surely enhance and manipulate the beauty of your kitchen decor.
- This lighting enables people to inject their personality and flair into their kitchen.
- Decorative lighting undoubtedly looks fantastic, but it should not be your only source of light within your kitchen.
Accent Lighting Works Wonders
- Accent lighting works best by focusing on other objects, but the lighting itself is impressive.
- It can also make your kitchen space appear to be larger than it is. The right accent lights can also make your decor even stand out more.
- There is a wide variety available so that you will have many options.
- Finally, accent lighting is also perfect for the eating areas in your kitchen.
KITCHEN AND BATH REMODELING FROM KENWOOD KITCHENS
Ready to get started on your next kitchen, bathroom, or closet project? Kenwood Kitchens can help. Since opening its doors in 1974, Kenwood Kitchens has made a name for itself throughout Maryland as a complete kitchen and bathroom remodeling firm.
We want our clients to get what they deserve: a quality installation with quality products at a fair price. Contact our expert planners today for a free consultation about your dream project.
Our showrooms are unparalleled, each has over a dozen full models for you to explore. With showrooms located in Lutherville, Abingdon, Columbia, or Annapolis, Maryland, Kenwood Kitchens is the place for all of your kitchen and bathroom needs. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at (800) 211-8394.