Kitchen backsplashes create an opportunity to personalize the entire look of your kitchen. Typically, a design element left on the back burner, a backsplash can be an imaginative and artistic accent in your kitchen when done correctly
For more than 40 years, we’ve been providing customers in Maryland, including Baltimore, Columbia, Bel Air, Lutherville, and Annapolis with kitchen remodeling services, including kitchen backsplash design. Our expert contractors will work with you every step of the way throughout the planning process to bring your kitchen backsplash ideas to life.
Designing a Unique Kitchen Counter Backsplash
The great thing about designing a kitchen backsplash in Maryland is that the tiles come in a multitude of shapes, colors, designs, and materials—so your choices are nearly endless.
- Materials – This is probably the single most important decision you can make concerning your kitchen backsplashes. Some of the materials that you can choose from include ceramic tile, metal, natural stone, and glass. Tile makes for an ideal backsplash because it is easy to clean and adds a decorative accent to any kitchen. The opportunities for color combinations are endless. Our most popular tile backsplash patterns include glass mosaic, stone medallion, subway tiles, harlequin patterns, and wave-cut tiles.
- Colors – Color matters more than you think, so you want to give this one some extra thought. Of course, you want to start by taking cues from the rest of the kitchen’s design. By picking colors that match and complement existing hues, such as your cabinets or countertops, you can create an eye-catching, head-turning look. Just about any material that you can think of has a range of color options available, so don’t hesitate to really exercise your creativity here.
- Motifs – Through a kitchen backsplash, you can recreate your favorite piece of art, create an ambiance similar to an English cottage, or do a number of other things that follow a particular motif.
- Patterns – Many of the materials that you can use to make up your backsplashes can be arranged into patterns that are sure to draw attention. Integrate that into your custom kitchen and you’ll be sure to give the room a look that your guests will be hard pressed to find anywhere else.
- Budget – Your kitchen backsplash ideas may end up being more affordable than you might think. Yes, luxury materials like marble and glass tend to cost more than other materials, but kitchen backsplashes don’t have to cover as much as your floors or counters tend to. This gives you some flexibility in choosing what you want to put over your stove.
For kitchen backsplash design to satisfy any style, call (800) 211-8394 or contact us to speak with a representative.