Custom Kitchen in Maryland
Baltimore | Columbia | Ellicott City
Are you thinking about a custom kitchen in Maryland?
Kitchen renovation is a popular thing that many homeowners do to give their home some added personality after having one design in place for so long.
A kitchen designed down to the smallest detail can allow you to rearrange things in your home’s kitchen down exactly the way you want, whether you want a new appliance, better lighting or new flooring.
If you live in Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City or any other city throughout the state of Maryland and you’re looking to renovate your kitchen to make it more to your liking then you’re in luck!
Here at Kenwood Kitchens we specialize in remodeling kitchens and can easily help you realize the vision that you have so that your home’s kitchen is unique while still being able to serve you and your family the way that you need.
If you want some great ideas for really making your kitchen your own and are interested in how our contractors can help, then keep reading this page.
If you are ready to begin planning your custom kitchen or have any questions, call now at (800) 211-8394 to speak with a kitchen remodeling specialist.
Your Kitchen is One of the Most Important Rooms in the House
Think about how much gets done in the kitchen.
Meals get prepared and eaten there, but it’s also a heavily trafficked site whenever you have guests.
A custom kitchen in Maryland is a great way to get your home’s guests talking. At the same time, customizing your kitchen makes it a better space for its usual functions.
Some of the most popular ideas for a kitchen have centered on some of the most common kitchen fixtures.
Kitchen mainstays like cabinets, sinks, counters and tables are often the first things to change during a kitchen remodeling project, but the ideas don’t have to be limited to just those particular features.
Let’s begin with the common changes and to start you on your kitchen renovation process.
- Cabinetry: With the many available choices in style, color and finish, there is a countless variety of kitchen cabinets for any kitchen. It’s important to remember that cabinets have to be functional, so make sure that whatever you pick has enough room.
- Tables:The number of people in your family, as well as how many people you regularly have over, should be factors in determining the right table for your home. At the same time you don’t want the table to be so intrusive that walking past it becomes difficult.
- Kitchen Island: Islands are popular in a kitchen because they provide both an area to prepare meals as well as an informal area to eat. Placement of an island is as important as what it’s going to be used for because it can allow you to make more efficient use of your time, making your life easier in the long run.
- Sinks: We don’t have to tell you how many tasks are carried out in and around the kitchen sink. It’s because of this that you can pick from a number of different styles and materials to give you what you need. Whether you need more than one bowl or a very deep bowl for extra-large pots, picking the right sink could end up being the most important part of a kitchen remodeling project.
A custom kitchen in Maryland can have many different kitchen fixtures designed and arranged in a way that serves the homeowner’s needs while fitting their personal tastes.
The list above is just an example of the few places where you can get started. However, much more goes into planning your kitchen remodeling than simply picking the right fixtures.
What Else is there to Consider?
Besides choosing the right fixtures, furniture, and appliances for your kitchen, you’ll want to consider redoing things like the kitchen lighting as well.
Any kitchen should have the right lighting for various situations so that you have the enough light just when you need it, and never too much light when you don’t.
Here are some of the types of lighting that are often used in renovation projects.
- Task Lighting: This type of lighting is designed mostly for safety and will be used in areas where you tend to do a lot of cutting or use appliances. It’s important to strike a balance because too much light here can be just as hazardous as an inadequate amount.
- Ambient Lighting: This prominent type of lighting often sets the mood and is often used in places like bars and restaurants as well as a custom kitchen. Having the right amount of ambient light creates a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere where people can feel at home.
- Accent Lighting: Do you have a new, state-of-the-art appliance? Or an especially nice decoration? Maybe a great countertop that you want to show off? Accent lighting is designed to bring attention to whatever it illuminates, making it a popular addition to many renovation projects.
- Decorative Lighting: Incorporating decorative lighting into the design of a custom kitchen has allowed homeowners to add a truly personal touch that ties their whole project together. There are several unique designs to choose from so finding something that you like shouldn’t be difficult at all.
The right lighting is essential to really making the kitchen renovation project click.
By combining the different elements of a kitchen renovation, you can easily craft a space that is truly unique to you.
Because there are so many different options and things to remember when it comes to a custom kitchen in Maryland, it’s in your best interest to get the help of a professional kitchen contractor before you begin the planning process.
We Can Help!
If you’re looking for a company that can help with a kitchen project, and you live in Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City or any other area throughout the state of Maryland, then look no further than Kenwood Kitchens.
No matter what you’re looking for, we’re at your disposal.
If you’re ready to talk with contractors about a project that you have in mind then feel free to give us a call at (800) 211-8394.
You can also click here to fill out our online contact form!
Go back to the Kenwood Kitchens HOMEPAGE