When every element that’s part of your shower agree with each other and the overall theme of your bathroom, you can craft a truly beautiful and inviting space. Since 1974, Kenwood Kitchens has been helping homeowners in Annapolis, Baltimore, Columbia, Lutherville, Bel Air and throughout Maryland with quality shower designs.
Creating the Perfect Shower: Questions to Ask Yourself
- What type of shower do you want? – Do you want a shower that stands alone or one that is combined with a traditional bathtub? The style is very important to the overall shower design if only because many of your other ideas will be built around it.
- Do you want a curtain, door or other shower enclosure? – While curtains are cheaper and come in many more styles, you can’t deny the elegance of a glass. With a glass door, it’s easy to show off you’re the custom tile work inside your shower. Glass doors also tend to be easier to clean. A glass shower door can be a design focal point in any bathroom.
- What kind of material will you be using? – When it comes to the walls and floor of your shower, the material is just as important here as it is with all other bathroom ideas. You can choose to have easy to clean, highly customizable ceramic tile installed, or you can go with an elegant and attractive stone like marble.
- Do you want an unusual shape? – Most showers you see are either square or rectangular in shape. What if you decided to buck the trend by using a shower design that was circular or ovular? By implementing something out of the ordinary with a unique shape, you can stand out from other bathrooms that you’ve seen.
- What kind of shower head and controls will you use? Have you considered a digital faucet? – For being one of the most used parts of the shower, the head often goes overlooked when it’s time for a bathroom remodel. Shower heads come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some even come with adjustable settings that allow you to adjust the flow of water as you see fit. Digital faucets allow you to program settings including water temperature and pressure for different users. Because the digital controls require less exposed plumbing than typical multiple hand control systems, a digital system creates a much cleaner, minimal appearance.
Wet Rooms & Barrier-Free Showers
Wet rooms are simply a richer, more luxurious shower experience, commonly found in the UK but now making their way into Maryland homes. Also known as shower rooms, a wet room is an open shower area that is level with the bathroom floor. Wet rooms and walk in showers are iconic staples for any modern or contemporary bathroom renovation. Very spacious in nature, water drains through the floor and creates a more enjoyable experience. Ideal for those with special physical needs or seniors who want to age in place in their homes, barrier-free showers are a great option to improve accessibility.
Exhaust fans keep excessive moisture from building up after showering. Our team can install exhaust fans on a timer, so you can hit a switch after your shower and the fan will run until the moisture is cleared and then turn itself off, saving you on energy costs.
Schluter Waterproofing System
Schluter waterproofing membranes provide protection behind your shower walls and other tiled elements that are subject to moisture.
To discuss options for your new shower or wet room, call (800) 211-8394 or contact us to speak with a representative.