Bathroom Remodeling Cost
Bathroom remodeling involves so many different elements it’s easy to see how estimating your bathroom remodeling costs can be confusing. At Kenwood Kitchens, we believe in providing value and educating our customers about our process. We’ve earned the trust of homeowners throughout Maryland, including Baltimore, Columbia, Bel Air, Lutherville, and Annapolis by providing honest advice and top-quality service.
What You Can Expect to Pay
The cost of remodeling a bathroom can vary depending on what your remodeling goals are, and the size of the bathroom being remodeled. To arrive at a more detailed estimate of bathroom remodeling cost, let’s start by answering a few important questions:
Step 1: What Type of Bathroom?
The type of bathroom you are remodeling will have a significant impact on the cost. Size is everything when it comes to bathroom remodeling cost, so it makes sense to consider how big you want the room to be as you begin laying the foundation for your remodeling.
- Master Bathroom – People often transform their master bathroom into a luxurious retreat by upgrading the bathtub, incorporating extra shower heads, or even adding a steam room to help soothe their muscles.
- Guest Bathroom – You want your guests to be as comfortable as possible, and you can make that happen with a bathroom that will be able to accommodate their needs while they stay with you.
- Basement Bathroom – A fully functioning private bathroom in the basement is often used for older children or aging parents and allows them to enjoy a sense of independence.
- Shared Bathroom – Siblings constantly bicker over who gets to use a bathroom, so adding dual sinks and separating the shower from the wash area can help ease household tensions.
Step 2: What Are Your Goals with the Remodel?
What is the most important aspect of your bathroom remodeling project?
- Expanded Size – You don’t need to put up with a cramped and clutter bathroom when you have the option to expand. This comes with the opportunity to enjoy an open area that will give you the space you need to upgrade your bath, shower, sinks, and more.
- More Windows – Give your bathroom a soft and natural feel when you step in with the help of additional windows that let natural light spill in. Adding windows can make a tremendous difference in the aesthetic beauty of a bathroom.
- Improved Functionality – You can add functionality and value to any bathroom in a number of ways. This includes turning a half bathroom into a full bathroom, adding heated floors, and upgrading the size of your shower and tub
Any of these ideas will give you a focal point around which you can design the rest of the bathroom, making it that much easier to get exactly what you want while determining your bathroom remodeling cost.
Step 3: The Details
Once you have the big picture layout down, you can focus on the little details that help add that personal touch to your bathroom:
- The Shower – What kind of shower design do you want? Steam room functionality? More showerheads? Doorless entry? All of these are available to you.
- The Bathtub – Do you want a tub that truly stands out from the ordinary? There are several different types of bathtubs that make that possible.
- The Sink – You can have multiple faucets and basins making up your sink. On top of that, countertops come in a wide variety of materials that serve different needs and achieve different looks.
- The Vanity – How big do you want the vanity to be? What kind of material do you want it to be made out of? With vanities, you can go with the ordinary or the elaborate.
- The Lighting – There are a number of ways for you to illuminate your bathroom. Whether you want to do so naturally or artificially, your whole bathroom design depends on the right kind of lighting in order to work, so make sure you explore all of your options in order to get the best possible results.
- The Cabinets – Do you need space for storage? Cabinets can be mounted under your sinks or from your walls, giving you the right space for things like towels, soap, and other items you’ll need to access.
For more information about bathroom remodeling costs, call (800) 211-8394 or contact us.